Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Game Journalism Day 2

The Challenge:
 recover the flare pistol from Timberwolf mountain (and climb the mountain too) and fire it from the lighthouse.

What I did:
Today I died two times,once from hypothermia and another by bear. On my third run of the day I got to what I believe is the base of the Timberwolf mountain, lucky I had some decent jackets and boats so I didn't get hypothermia again. Throughout that run I found scrap metal, charcoal,and i also learned how to use the map, which is basically just using charcoal and clicking the mouse1 button "surveying the area".

Survival tips:
Check the cabin you first spawn in for materials and clothes

Take your time and open the safe in the cabin too, note that the combination is different everytime you respawn

Pick up all the charcoal you can from fireplaces so you can mark your map and keep track of where your going

To catch rabbits crouch and throw rocks,that you can find randomly on the ground, at them while crouching, once you hit them quickly grab the rabbit before it escapes.

Screenshots:

Your map after marking it with charcoal

opening the safe


the boots and jacket that were inside the safe
A corpse which had nothing that I could loot


purified water made by melting snow and then purifying unpurified water

shelter


















No comments:

Post a Comment